On January 14, 2020, Microsoft support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end. This means the end of regular security updates. Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. Microsoft is here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
For those of you who are migrating your OpenInsight applications from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019, please consider the following:
1. You should upgrade your OpenInsight application to either OpenInsight 9.4.4 or OpenInsight 10.0.7 or above.
2. On the Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019 make sure that the .Net 3.5 libraries are installed. This is an optional component in Windows and must be manually installed.
3. You will need to install the Universal Driver NUL 4.7.2 (OpenInsight 9.4.4) or the Universal Driver NUL 5.2 (OpenInsight 10.0.7 or above) on the Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019, once you have copied your OpenInsight application to the new server.
4. After installing the Universal Driver on the Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019 you will need to create an Inbound Rule within the Windows Firewall for TCP port 777 (Universal Driver NUL 4.7.2) or TCP port 1777 (Universal Driver NUL 5.2).
5. If you are running the OEngineServer service you must install 32-bit Java for OpenInsight 9.4.4 or 64-bit Java for OpenInsight 10.0.7 or above.
6. If you are running the OEngineServer service you will need to create an Inbound Rule within the Windows Firewall for TCP port 8088 (OpenInsight 9.4.4) or TCP port 18088 (OpenInsight 10.0.7 or above).
7. After the installation of OpenInsight is complete, please be sure to run clientsetup.exe found within your OpenInsight directory on both the Server and all Workstations.
If you require technical support on OpenInsight upgrades and /or installation during this process, please contact us to schedule a support ticket. Customers will be assisted on a first come first served basis during our normal business hours.